- Crist defends President Obama, blasts ScottPosted 6 hours ago
- Tea Party challengers struggle to continue successPosted 12 hours ago
- A round-up of Sunday editorials from Florida’s leading newspapersPosted 12 hours ago
- Daylight saving time is good for business?Posted 22 hours ago
- Don’t forget: Daylight saving time begins this SundayPosted 22 hours ago
- The day that was in the CD 13 special electionPosted 23 hours ago
With Gainesville mayor’s race days away, exclusive poll shows incumbent Craig Lowe in trouble
As Gainesville’s mayoral campaign heads into its final days, incumbent Craig Lowe finds himself trailing challenger Ed Braddy by four points according to an exclusive survey by St. Pete Polls of the race.
Asked if the election were held today, 40% of registered voters said they support Braddy, while 36% said they would vote for Lowe. A full twenty-four percent are undecided with just five days until the election.
Weighing down Lowe is an upside-down favorability rating: 42% of voters hold an unfavorable view of Lowe, while 34% hold a positive one. Braddy’s fav/unfav rating is at 40%/28%.
The run-off between Lowe and Braddy will be held on Tuesday, April 16.
The poll, conducted on April 11, has a 3.8% margin of error at a 95% confidence level.