- Start a media empire today! Bidding for cover of Creative Loafing ends today at 5 p.m.Posted 3 mins ago
- Rep. Jamie Grant holds holiday open house today to benefit abused kidsPosted 14 mins ago
- Ratio of subsidy-eligible Floridians seeking Obamacare plans falls short of projectionsPosted 2 hours ago
- As lawmakers play with idea of destination casinos, a lesson from OhioPosted 2 hours ago
- Transparency the strongest indicator of employee productivity, says new studyPosted 3 hours ago
- Email Insights: You do the math on Alex Sink’s low-key flood insurance statementPosted 3 hours ago
With Gainesville mayor’s race days away, exclusive poll shows incumbent Craig Lowe in trouble
As Gainesville’s mayoral campaign heads into its final days, incumbent Craig Lowe finds himself trailing challenger Ed Braddy by four points according to an exclusive survey by St. Pete Polls of the race.
Asked if the election were held today, 40% of registered voters said they support Braddy, while 36% said they would vote for Lowe. A full twenty-four percent are undecided with just five days until the election.
Weighing down Lowe is an upside-down favorability rating: 42% of voters hold an unfavorable view of Lowe, while 34% hold a positive one. Braddy’s fav/unfav rating is at 40%/28%.
The run-off between Lowe and Braddy will be held on Tuesday, April 16.
The poll, conducted on April 11, has a 3.8% margin of error at a 95% confidence level.